International Falls City Council Meeting for 10/04/2021
City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, October 4, 2021
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Monday, September 20, 2021 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, September 27, 2021 special City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
l . Adopt Resolution No. -2021, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
- Allison O’Hara Meyers Director of Operations, Northland Counseling Center
- Remove from the table – consider recommendation from Planning Commission to approve Conditional Use Permit for a Licensed Adult Foster Care — Building Office/Zoning Administrator Kelly Meyers (Council action)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve the 2022 Group BCBS Medicare Senior Gold health insurance renewal and authorize signatures
- Approve Patrol Officer Dustin Helgeson’s separation from employment effective October l , 2021
- Mayoral Proclamation declaring October 2021 Domestic Violence Awareness Month (Council action)
- Approve Police Chief’s recommendation to hire part-time Patrol Officer Ryan Stenson to full-time Patrol Officer vacancy effective October 5, 2021 (Council action)
- Consider recommendation to hire Shane Thramer and Carter Lagergren as part-time Patrol Officers for the International Falls Police Department — Chief Kostiuk (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 PERA Declaration for S. Thramer part-time Patrol Office (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 PERA Declaration for C. Lagergrcn part-time Patrol Officer (Council action)
- Resolution No. -2021 approving delinquent water and sewer accounts to be certified to the County Auditor/Treasurer (Council action)
- Resolution No. -2021 approving delinquent grass and blight invoices to be certified to the County Auditor/Treasurer (Council action)
- Human Resources Committee meeting recommendation:
a) Consider the removal of an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) from the International Falls
Ambulance Service due to inactivity (Council action)
- Consider Mayoral appointments to the Planning Commission (Council action)
- Consider Mayoral appointments to the Zoning Board of Appeals (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.