MN DOT to conduct bridge repairs on Hwy 9 in Ada.
Bemidji, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced today bridge repairs will begin on July 19 in four locations in northwest Minnesota.
- Hwy 9 bridge over Marsh River south of Ada
- Hwy 11 bridge over Silver Creek east of Baudette
- Hwy 32 bridge south of Greenbush
- Hwy 89 bridge over Roseau River northwest of Roseau
Motorists can expect lane closures for three of the bridge repairs and a short-term detour for the bridge repair on Highway 9 south of Ada. The detour includes Highway 200 and Norman county road 35 and is expected to last through the end of August, weather permitting. Motorists should be aware of the 36-ton bridge limit on Norman county road 35.
The contractor for this $1.9 million dollar project is PCI Roads. This project will create a safer, longer lasting bridge and road surface. It is estimated to be complete by October, weather permitting. Visit the project website below for more information: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/bridges.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Please join the MnDOT District 2 Facebook group for updates on construction, road conditions and other transportation related topics. www.facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest/. For a complete list of projects for 2021, please visit www.mndot.gov/d2. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.