Bernick Family Foundation Seeks to Grant $150K
St. Cloud, Minn. – Organizations that support activities and programs to help build youth career skills or help teach them how to live a healthy, active lifestyle are encouraged to apply for a Bernick Family Foundation grant.
Applications are now being accepted through August 31, 2021. The Bernick Family Foundation supports two key focus areas through their grant round; youth and education which includes activities to help prepare students for future success in education and the workplace, and health and fitness which includes activities that encourage active lifestyles and well-being.
The Bernick Family Foundation will accept applications for grants ranging from $5,000 to $40,000 in its focus areas. Applicants must be 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities serving communities where Bernick’s operates. This includes Alexandria, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Waite Park, and Willmar, Minnesota and Dresser, Wisconsin, and the surrounding areas.
Complete grant guidelines and electronic applications are available online by visiting: communitygiving.org/grants
Last year, seven programs received grants from the Bernick Family Foundation:
- $25,000 to Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. for their preparing youth for competitive apprenticeships within the building trades industry program.
- $23,000 to Wild Rivers Habitat for Humanity for their Girls Build Day Camps program.
- $10,000 to ServeMinnesota for their reading corps and math corps in Duluth and St. Cloud programs.
- $30,000 to Friends of Career Solutions for their CareerOne, Preparing Youth for Tomorrow’s Workforce program.
- $9,500 to the Higher Works Collaborative for their Preparing Youth for Tomorrow (PYT) program.
- $7,500 to Prairie Woods ELC for the Bernick Family Foundation Paddle, Peddle, Push Adventure Series with Prairie Woods ELC program.
- $15,000 to the City of Princeton for their Princeton Riverside-Riebe Park project.
The Bernick Family Foundation established their first fund with the Central Minnesota Community Foundation in 1989. The Bernick’s company and the Bernick family uses their funds to support organizations that reflect the family’s core values, while providing leadership in responding to emerging community needs.
Founded in 1916, Bernick’s is a fourth-generation family-owned business, providing beverage, vending and food service solutions. The Waite Park-based company has a long tradition of investing in its local communities to improve quality of life. In addition to their support through the Foundation, Bernick’s continues as a longtime philanthropic leader through direct financial and in-kind donations to over 100 causes each year.
The Central Minnesota Community Foundation (CMCF) attracts and administers charitable funds for the benefit of the local community. Since 1985, CMCF has grown to over $110.5 million in assets and awarded over $122.5 million in grants to non-profits. The CMCF is governed by a local board of directors and is a partner of CommunityGiving, which is a collaborative of community foundations united under a single framework to create efficiencies that maximize the impact of our donors. Collectively, CommunityGiving administers over 880 funds totaling more than $153 million. Learn more at CommunityGiving.org/CentralMN.