Int’l Falls City Council Meeting 4/19/21
City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, April 19, 2021
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
Mn Statute 13D.021 allows meetings to be conducted by telephone or other electronic means under the following conditions:
- The Mayor determined an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under section 13D.02 is not practical because of a health pandemic.
- The Mayor and all Councilors participating in the meeting can hear one another and can hear all discussion.
- Attendance by the public is not feasible due to the health pandemic.
- At least one member of the City Council is physically present at the regular meeting, unless unfeasible due to the health pandemic.
- All votes are conducted by roll call so each members’ vote on each issue can be identified and recorded.
|Remote access has been set up for this meeting. Joining by computer: Go to the URL: https://bluejeans.com/5664956649Follow on-screen instructions.Meeting ID: 5664956649 Joining by Smart Phone app:Install the BlueJeans app for Android or iPhone.Start the app.Enter the meeting ID: 5664956649 #||Joining by landline or mobile phone: Dial in to the following number: 1.408.419.1715 When prompted, enter the following meeting ID: 5664956649 # When you join the conference. you will be automatically muted. To un-mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)To mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)|
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Todd Ojala at: 218-283-7987 to do(wci.intemational-falls.mn.us
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Monday, April 5, 2021 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, April 12, 2021 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -2021, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
- Remove from the table — discussion of delaying the JLR Cold Box loan repayment from Koochiching Economic Development Authority
- Approve Second and Final Reading of Contract Ordinance #974, accepting the lowest responsible bid for the 2021 Local Street Improvements to Bowman Asphalt Products, Inc., in the amount of $ 1 ,471 ,909.00 (Council action)
- Approve Second and Final Reading of Ordinance No. 5th Series to repeal and replace Chapter 3 Municipal and Public Utilities Rules and Regulations, Rates, Charges, and Collections, to include updated sanitary sewer language (Council action)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve hiring of summer employees for the Housing Department and Public Works Department as presented (Council action)
- Approve Financial Planning Agreement with Northland Securities, Inc. — Tax Increment Financing Housing District (Redevelopment) for the Alexander Baker Project (Council action)
- Consider agreement for use of Smokey Bear Park for a Community Market each Saturday from 9-2 beginning May 29 through September 2021 — AOC Event MN, Teresa Moynihan (Council action)
- Consider agreement for use of City Beach for kayak and paddleboard landing area (drop off/pick up) Aaron Nordrum, Rainy Lake Aquatics LLC
- Committee-of-the-Whole recommendations:
- Approve Request for Proposal from Flaherty & Hood, P.A. to provide a Job Classification and Compensation System Study (Council action)
- Approve paying Service Master bills for three properties on 14th Avenue for Sanitary Sewer backup- due to staff suggestion (Council action)
- Public Works committee recommendations:
- Approve partnering with ISD #361 Community Education and Falls Hunger Coalition for expansion of the Community Garden to the Carson Lupie Playground location (Council action)
- Accept and approve the 22nd Street feasibility report and schedule a public hearing for Monday, May 10, 2021 (Council action)
- The shrubs and plantings located at the corner of 3 rd Avenue and 1 I th Street, that were planted in 2019, will be removed and replanted across from the High School, due to the Hwy 53 road construction project (Council information)
- Accept letter of retirement from Police Chief Rich Mastin
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Blight monthly report and opinion on going out for bids for clean-up of blighted properties — City Attorney (Council information)
- Police Monthly Report, March 2021 (Council information)
- Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, March 2021 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
- Public Hearing regarding proposed property tax abatements and granting of a business subsidy to IF Properties, LLC Americlnn Project is Monday, April 26, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
- Public Hearing regarding proposed property tax abatement and granting of a business subsidy to IFalls Group, LLC Cobblestone Project is Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
- Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, May 3, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.