Ada-Borup-West School District Positions available
Speech/Language Pathologist Teacher
Ada-Borup-West School District
Ada-Borup-West School district is accepting applications for a full-time Speech/Language teacher beginning with the 2022-2023 school year. A Minnesota teaching license is required. Send letter of application, resume, current letters of recommendation, college transcripts, and a completed district application (found at www.ada.k12.mn.us) to Bree Triplett, Ada-Borup-West Elementary Principal, 604 W Thorpe Ave, Ada, MN 56510 EOE Open until filled.
Date of Availability: 2022-2023 school year
Date Closing: open until filled
Ada-Borup-West Public School District has an opening for a Speech/Language Pathologist. Must be licensed as a Speech/Language Pathologist.
Speech Language Pathologist’s role will be to evaluate the speech and language needs for students, develop Individual Education Plans (IEPs), recommend service plans, maintain records and paperwork, and related work as assigned to identified students in their assigned schools within the Ada-Borup-West School District. Professionalism, empathy, and a non-judgmental approach are essential when working with students to ensure their safety and growth and in order to help them understand and exhibit appropriate behaviors at school and in the community. A speech language pathologist is a member of a team environment, where collaboration, communication, and adaptability are key to the success of the team and the success of the students. The speech language pathologist role is performed following District policy and State/Federal Laws.
- Provide direct and indirect speech and language services to identified students in member district schools and in other special programs.
- Complete speech and language assessments, re-evaluations, and reports and design appropriate intervention programs which meet students’ needs.
- Assist with developing student Individualized Education Plans (IEP) including establishing student goals and objectives and completing appropriate components of the IEP.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and other staff through consultation and by development of instructional activities to meet student speech and/or language needs in the classroom, home, and community environments.
- Observe students in various educational environments and provide recommendations; adapt and/or modify materials; collect data to evaluate student progress.
- Provide direct therapy in areas of pragmatic, expressive and receptive language, fluency, articulation and voice deficits and augmentative and/or alternative communication.
- Provide indirect services through teacher consultation and evaluation review.
- Assist with third party billing.
- Comply with school board policies and administrative practices, including those procedures outlined in the Special Education Staff and Parent Handbooks.
- Help to maintain safety of all students and the environment.
- Attend various meetings and committees; participate in training/in-service as assigned, in accordance to the contract.
- Performs other job-related duties, as assigned.
Special Education Paraprofessionals
Ada-Borup-West School District
The Ada-Borup-West School District is seeking Special Education Paraprofessionals to join our team. The primary responsibility of the position will be supporting students under the direction and guidance of classroom and special education teaching staff. The district has an impressive resume, high expectations for student achievement, and strong instructional practices to ensure success for our students.
Questions about the position can be directed to Elementary Principal, Bree Triplett, at 218-784-5303 or BreeT@ada.k12.mn.us. Interested applicants can stop by the Ada-Borup District Office to pick up an application or download from the district’s website. The anticipated positions will be open until filled. ISD 2910 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.