International Falls City Council 6-7-21
City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, June 7, 2021
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
Mn Statute 131).021 allows meetings to be conducted by telephone or other electronic means under the following conditions:
l. The mayor determined an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under section 13D.02 is not practical because of a health pandemic.
- The Mayor and all Councilors participating in the meeting can hear one another and can hear all discussion.
- Attendance by the public is not feasible due to the health pandemic.
- At least one member of the City Council is physically present at the regular meeting, unless unfeasible due to the health pandemic.
- All votes are conducted by roll call so each members’ vote on each issue can be identified and recorded.
Remote access has been set up for this meeting.
Joining by computer: Joining by landline or mobile phone:
l . Go to the URL: l . Dial in to the following number: https://bluejeans.com/5664956649 1.408.419.1715
- Follow on-screen instructions 2. When prompted, enter the following meeting ID:
- Meeting ID: 5664956649 5664956649 #
Joining by Smart Phone app: When you join the conference. you will be automatically.
- Install the BlueJeans app for Android or iPhone. muted.
- Start the app. • To un-mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)
- Enter the meeting ID: 5664956649 # • To mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Todd Ojala at: 218-283-7987 to-do(ajci.international-falls.mn.us
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent),
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
l. Minutes of the Monday, May 1 7, 2021 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -2021, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR QUOTES)
1. Approve low quote for fire department extrication equipment, as budgeted items, from Fire Department Capital outlay line item 101.41200.5600:
- Extrication tools — Grand Forks Fire Equipment in the amount of $32,865 (Council action)
- Rescue Struts — Grand Forks Fire Equipment in the amount of $970 (Council action)
- Lifting Bags, 5 Bag Set with Controls — Alex Air Apparatus in the amount of $6,695 Council action)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
• Approve hiring of summer employees for the Public Works Department, as presented
- Discuss Great Up North Triathlon and 5K, Ashley Hall (Council information/action)
- Consider Mayor Droba’s appointment of Michael Kostiuk to the position of Police Chief (Council action)
- Approve Second Request for Reconsideration of Pay Equity Non-Compliance (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 Approving Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (ACRGP) (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 Approving Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (ACRGP) Concessions Addendum (Council action)
- Consider recommendations from the Human Resource Committee:
- Approve Memorandum of Understanding between the City of International Falls and the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 49 to combine the “Dozer” and “Single Axle Plow Truck” pieces equipment together as one (1) equipment operator posting (Council action)
b) Approve hiring temporary summer employee for the Administration Department (Council action)
- Consider recommendations from Public Works Committee:
- Approve purchase of new play structure from Midwest Playscapes for City Beach-with funding from grants to the City Beach Citizen advisory committee and budgeted park and recreation funds (Council action)
- Request Ranier Recreation Commission remove the piano from under the pavilion at City Beach due to its poor condition (Council action)
- Approve low quote from Complete Comfort Systems for a unit heater at the street garage, as a budgeted item (Council action)
- Approve low quote from Adam McIntyre Painting for painting of 50 streetlight poles and repairs/painting of Smokey Bear statue, as budgeted items (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Blight Report — Housing Department, June 4, 2021 (Council information)
- Fire/Rescue/EMS monthly report, May 2021 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
- International Falls-Koochiching County Airport Commission meeting minutes — April 28, 2021 Bob DeGross, Superintendent, National Park Service letter on proposed rate changes for Voyageurs National Park for 2022 – May 20, 2021
- Minnesota Energy damage prevention reminder-call before you dig “811 ” – May 21, 2021
- Mn Department of Health and BlueCross BlueShield vaccination bus is scheduled to be in International Falls on Monday, June 14, 2021 from 4:00 – 7:00 P.M.
l. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, June 21, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.
2. Public Hearing and Special City Council meeting on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.