City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
- City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
- 5:30 P.M., Monday, May 3, 2021
- Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
- Mn Statute 13D.021 allows meetings to be conducted by telephone or other electronic means under the following conditions:
- The Mayor determined an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under section 13D.02 is not practical because of a health pandemic.
- The Mayor and all Councilors participating in the meeting can hear one another and can hear all discussion.
- Attendance by the public is not feasible due to the health pandemic.
- At least one member of the City Council is physically present at the regular meeting, unless unfeasible due to the health pandemic.
- All votes are conducted by roll call so each members’ vote on each issue can be identified and recorded.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG CALL TO ORDER ROLL CALL
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Monday, April 12, 2021 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, April 19, 2021 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, April 26, 2021 Special City Council meeting and Public Hearing (Council action)
- Minutes of the Tuesday, April 27, 2021 Special City Council meeting and Public Hearing (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -2021, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
- Update on Friends Recycling Facility (Council information/action)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
• Approve hiring of summer employees for the Public Works Department, as presented.
- Consider design services from Widseth and construction management agreement from Kraus Anderson for Kerry Park Revitalization Project (Council action)
- Approve Mayoral Proclamation proclaiming May 10-14, 2021 as the week for distribution of Buddy Poppies (Council action)
- Approve Mayoral Proclamation proclaiming May 2021 as Mental Health Month (Council action)
- Approve engineering services from Bolton & Menk for preparing a Water Treatment Plant Asset
Management and Capital Improvements Study – Ted Brokaw, Director of Public Works
- Consider purchase of condenser for Kerry Park Arena from the city of Champlin for $3,000 (Council action)
- Approve agreement for contracting athletic director services for the Recreation Commission and authorize signatures (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 calling for a public hearing on the proposed modification of Development District No. 1 and the establishment of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District No. 1-4 within the development district and the adoption of the modified Development Program and the adoption of the Tax Increment Financing plan related to thereto (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 approving MnDOT Grant Agreement No. 1046187 for airport improvements excluding land acquisition (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -2021 approving application for exempt permit for MN Deer Hunters Association, Trails End Chapter to conduct a raffle, with the drawing to be held on June 28, 2021 at Backus Community Center (Council action)
- Human Resource committee recommendations:
- Consider extending 80 hours of paid leave through September 30, 2021, however not to participate in the American Rescue Plan of 2021- as it is optional and all the guidelines for the plan have not been clarified (Council action)
- Consider termination of five (5) Emergency Medical Technicians from employment due to inactivity (Council action)
- Consider wage adjustment for Spare FireFighter Engineers and Casual Paramedics (Council action)
- Consider wage increase to $20/hour for Paid On-Call Volunteer FireFighters for training time and fire calls (Council action)
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Blight Report — Ordinance Violation Chart 2021
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
March 2021 – Convention and Visitors’ Bureau meeting minutes and financial information
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, May 17, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.
ADJOURNMENTNote: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except l) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.