City Council Meeting for November 16th, 2020.
City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, November 16, 2020
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
Mn Statute 13D.021 allows meetings to be conducted by telephone or other electronic means under the following conditions:
- The Mayor determined an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under section 13D.02 is not practical because of a health pandemic.
- The Mayor and all Councilors participating in the meeting can hear one another and can hear all discussion.
- Attendance by the public is not feasible due to the health pandemic.
- At least one member of the City Council is physically present at the regular meeting, unless unfeasible due to the health pandemic.
- All votes are conducted by roll call so each members’ vote on each issue can be identified and recorded.
Remote access has been set up for this meeting.
Joining by computer: Joining by landline or mp&phone:
- Go URL: https://www.bluejeans.com/5664956649 Dial in to the following number:
- Follow on-screen instructions 1.408.419.1715
- Meeting ID: 5664956649 2. When prompted, enter the following meeting ID: Joining by Smart Phone app: 5664956649 #
- Install the BlueJeans app for Android or iPhone.
- Start the app.
- Enter the meeting ID: 5664956649 #
When you join the conference, you will be automatically muted.
- To un-mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)
- To mute yourself, press “*4” (star 4)
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Todd Ojala at: 218-283-7987 email@example.com
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
l. Minutes of the Monday, November 2, 2020 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
2. Minutes of the Thursday, November 12, 2020 City-election Canvassing Board meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -20, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
l. Approve 2021 license renewals, as presented
- Approve registration and on-line attendance for three staff at the 65th Annual Institute of Building
Officials training by the U of M College of Continuing and Professional Studies, January 1 1 — 1 5, 2021
- Approve IT Nuggets Online, LLC computer training license for $850 for all employee use payable from 101-40510-3310
- Approve purchase of new server for $1,199 from Amazon for replicating data storage at an off-site location payable from 101-40510-3080,
- Information Technology line item
- 1 Approve no parking from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. along the South side of 3rd St. between 2nd and 3 rd Ave. for the Elks Lodge November 26th Thanksgiving Day dinner curb-side, through window pickup (Council action)
- Request approval of Year 2021 license renewals that may include tobacco and/or liquor applications, as presented (Council action)
- Consider applying for MPCA grant for electric vehicle fast charger(s), Ted Brokaw (Council action)
- Discuss Governor Tim Walz Emergency Executive Order 20-96 and new COVID- 19 Testing Sites (Council information/action)
- Approve Mayor’s appointment to vacancy on the Recreation Commission (Council action)
- Accept resignation of Clint Chase from the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals with recognition for outstanding community service (Council action)
- Adopt policy implementing grace period to allow persons currently keeping and harboring chickens (14) to do so until May 1, 2021, after which they shall be prohibited and violations enforced (Council action)
- City of International Falls Inflow and Infiltration Plan prepared by Widseth (Council information)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Blight Report, City Attorney (Council information)
- Police Monthly Report, October 2020 (Council information)
- Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, October 2020 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, December 7, 2020 at 5:30 P.M.2 3